This post may contain affiliate or advertiser links. Read my full disclosure policy here.We made this last week during our preschool time and since I'm limited to cutting and pasting at the moment before IE shuts down, I thought this little worm was too cute not to share. Definitely one worm I don't mind finding in my house!
This was done as an art activity when we talked about the letter "I" last week during our preschool time (if you are interested, you can read more about it on my other blog, Homeschool Creations).
- Cut two toilet paper tubes into rings (4 rings each for a total of 8 rings).
- Fold 7 of the rings flat and then cut them in half. One ring needs to be left whole to use as the inchworms head.
- Have your child color the inchworm pieces if they would like.
- Staple the inchworm together so the his back is like little arches.
- Use a paper punch to put two holes at the top of the worm's head. Insert 1/4 of a pipe cleaner into the holes to use as antennas. Add googly eyes (because art just isn't art without a googly eye thrown in there somewhere).
- Admire your handiwork.